Monday, October 19, 2009
250 gm paneer cut into cubes
1 cup rice
1 big sized onion (thin long sliced)
1 big sized tomato (thin long sliced)
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp garlic & ginger paste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
5 tsp Oil
Salt to taste
1. Add 2 tsp oil in a frying pan & fry paneer pieces still it turns golden brown. Keep a side.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, season with cumin seeds and saute it for 30 seconds.
4. Now add onion until it turns light golden.
5. Now add garlic & ginger paste and saute it for 1 minutes.
6. Add tomato pieces and cook for 1 minutes.
7. Add chillie powder, salt and saute it for 1 minutes.
8. Add fryed panner pieces and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
9. Add rice and necessary amount of water for cooking rice.
10.Add the coriander leaves into the mixture and mix well.
11.Pressure cook still rice is cooked.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
- 6 Bread Slices (half sliced)
- 1 Capsicum (thin round sliced)
- 1 Tomato (thin round sliced)
- 1 Onion- Big (thin round sliced)
- 250gm Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Tomato Sauce
- Arrange 4 half-sliced bread in Baking plate (Make a round circle).
- Apply tomato sauce on bread.
- Add grated 100gm cheese over the bread.
- Grill the bread in an oven for 5 minutes.
- Take the plate from oven.
- Arrange vegetable over the baked bread.
- Crash the remaining bread slices and spread on the vegetable.
- Sprinkle salt and red chilli powder on the vegetable.
- Add the remaining cheese over it.
- Grill it for another 5 to 8 minute (or until you find cheese turning into light brown).
- Bread Pizza is ready to savor. Serve it with tomato ketchup.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
A snack food recipe, easy to make at home.
- Besan (Gram) flour - 1/2 cup
- Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
- Big Potato (French fry sliced) - 4 No.
- Red Chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Garam masala (Ground Mix of Spices) - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1tbs
- Oil – for fry
- Coriander chopped for garnish
- Take French sliced Potato pieces.
- Add Lime juice,salt,garam masala,chilli powder,coriander powder, ginger & garlic paste and mix it well and let it marinate for 25 to 40 minutes.
- Mix gram(besan) flour and bread crumbs.
- Now roll the marinated potato pieces in this mixture and deep fry in oil till it is golden brown in low flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Eggplant Mashed is Indian famous recipe from North of India. There is different method of making this recipe, here are simple and easy step for making "BAINGAN-KA-BHARTA (Eggplant Mashed)" recipe.
- Eggplant (brinjals)- 2 no. large
- Onion- 1 no. large (fine copped)
- Tomatoes- 3 no. (fine copped)
- Ginger/ Garlic paste- 1 tsp.
- Red chillies- 2 no.
- Curry Powder (Garam masala)-1 tbsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp.
- Coriander chopped for garnishing.
- Roast Eggplant(Brinjals) on open flame or use microwave till about 10-15 minutes each, turning it frequently for even roast, keep aside when done and let cool.
- Remove the skin from Eggplant (Brinjals)
- Heat Oil in Fry pan, add onion fry still it turn into light brown & add tomatoes and fry for 3minutes.
- Add ginger paste and stir, cook for a few minutes.
- Break Red chillies into pieces and add to fry pan. Cook over low heat stirring frequently till mixture leaves oil and sides of pan as well.
- Add the garam masala and cook while stirring frequently over low heat.
- Peel skin of cooled brinjals (Eggplant) & Mash it.
- Transfer the mashed brinjal (eggplant) pulp to the onion-masala and cover and cook in low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & lemon juice.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
- 2 no. any fish without boneless
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 vegetable oil (for frying)
- Banana leaf - 2
- 1 tsp. salt
- fresh coriander garnish
- Cut fish in half and wash under cool running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a plate, combine garlic, salt, ginger, turmeric, and black peppers with lemon juice. Stir to form a paste.
- Rub paste on both sides of fish fillets and let stand cover in banana leaf steam it for 10 minutes.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Uncover fish from banana leaf. Fry fish about 5 minutes, or until bottom side is golden brown.
- Place fish on a platter and garnish
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 no.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Indian sweet dish made of strained yogurt. It is one of the main desserts in Gujarati cuisine and Maharashtrian cuisine.
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt (curd)
- 3/4 cup mango pulp
- 150 - 200 gms powdered sugar (if mango is very sweet use less sugar)
- A few stand of safforn
- 1tbsp warm milk
- 2tsp cardamom poweder
- pistachios and almonds
- Put the yogurt in muslin cloth and tie it for 4 - 5 hours.
- Dissolve the saffron in warm milk.
- Transfer the yogurt into a bowl. Mix the saffron mixture curd, sugar, mango pulp and cardamom powder.
- Blend the mixture using a hand blender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with silver of almonds, pistachios and small mango cut pieces.
- Chill for an 1 or 2 before serving.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
- 3 cup water
- 2 sticks cinnamon (or powder)
- 15 cardamom pods
- 15 whole cloves
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp. black tea leaf (or any tea powder)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- In Tea pan add water, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and ginger, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add tea leaf or powder and cover the pan. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Then add milk and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Strain the liquid and pour into cups. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 7 - 10 minutes
Serves 3 to 4
Saturday, March 14, 2009
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of cashews
- 3 tbsp of Honey
- 1/4 tbsp of baking powder
- Add butter, honey, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and blend it very well.
- To the mixture add powdered cardamom and add flour little by little so that it blends properly.
- To this add powdered almonds and cashews and mix it again.
- Take a tblspn of dough and flatten it like a cookie.
- Bake it in an ungreased cookie sheet for 350o about 15 mins or till it is golden brown.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
- Sweet Corn - 200 gms (Boiled)
- Potato - 1 (Boiled)
- Onions - 1 medium (fine chopped)
- Tomato - 1 medium (fine chopped)
- Coriander - 2 tbsp (fine chopped)
- Chaat Masala - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sev - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice- 1/2 tbsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Heat pan on gas.
- Add a tspful of oil.
- Fry chopped onion still it turn golden brown.
- Add chooped tomatoes cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Diced boiled potato and cook for another 2minutes.
- Add boiled corn kernels, cook for 1minutes.
- Add red chilli powder, chaat masala and salt to taste.
- Add lemon juice and 1 cup of water in pan and cook lid closed for another 5 minutes.
Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped coriander and sev.