Eggplant Mashed is Indian famous recipe from North of India. There is different method of making this recipe, here are simple and easy step for making "BAINGAN-KA-BHARTA (Eggplant Mashed)" recipe.
- Eggplant (brinjals)- 2 no. large
- Onion- 1 no. large (fine copped)
- Tomatoes- 3 no. (fine copped)
- Ginger/ Garlic paste- 1 tsp.
- Red chillies- 2 no.
- Curry Powder (Garam masala)-1 tbsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp.
- Coriander chopped for garnishing.
- Roast Eggplant(Brinjals) on open flame or use microwave till about 10-15 minutes each, turning it frequently for even roast, keep aside when done and let cool.
- Remove the skin from Eggplant (Brinjals)
- Heat Oil in Fry pan, add onion fry still it turn into light brown & add tomatoes and fry for 3minutes.
- Add ginger paste and stir, cook for a few minutes.
- Break Red chillies into pieces and add to fry pan. Cook over low heat stirring frequently till mixture leaves oil and sides of pan as well.
- Add the garam masala and cook while stirring frequently over low heat.
- Peel skin of cooled brinjals (Eggplant) & Mash it.
- Transfer the mashed brinjal (eggplant) pulp to the onion-masala and cover and cook in low heat for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & lemon juice.