- 2 no. any fish without boneless
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 vegetable oil (for frying)
- Banana leaf - 2
- 1 tsp. salt
- fresh coriander garnish
- Cut fish in half and wash under cool running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a plate, combine garlic, salt, ginger, turmeric, and black peppers with lemon juice. Stir to form a paste.
- Rub paste on both sides of fish fillets and let stand cover in banana leaf steam it for 10 minutes.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Uncover fish from banana leaf. Fry fish about 5 minutes, or until bottom side is golden brown.
- Place fish on a platter and garnish
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 no.