10 fresh pumpkin flowers (only petals)
2/3 cup Gram flour (besan)
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
Oil for deep-frying
Coriander leaves finely chopped
1) Remove the calyx and the centers of flowers, keeping only the petals and
2) Wash the petals in warm water.
2) Make a thick batter of all the ingredients, except the petals.
3) Dip each petals into the batter, shaking off excess, and deep-fry.
4) You can use kitchen tissue paper for removing excess oil.
5) Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot, with ketchup.